Breaker timing tests 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecpl123

Electrical
Oct 12, 2008
IN
hi,

I am doing a Timing tsts for 11 Kv breaker,Close time is 50ms,open time is 30ms and close to open time is 40ms,Actually what close-open time mentions which duration.The equipment is SCOPE Make.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The C-O time refers to the interval of time when the first contact makes (close) to the time all three contacts part (open).

A C-O action in a CB should show three times, not just a single one. It is supposed that you start from a situation on which your CB is Open, then you issue your Close CB command to the coil, the CB closes, and then you issue your Trip (open) CB command to the coil, and it open (trip).
In this kind of test, assuming that the time starts counting exactly when you issue the close command, and that the Trip command is issued exactly when you get the fist contact closed, you should be getting the time between the close order and the actual closing, and then the time between the issue of your trip order and the actual opening of your CB.
You can also have the total time that your CB take to perform the whole C-O operation, which is measured between the issue of the Close order and the opening of the first contact.
Under these premises, please clarify which time is the 40 ms that you mention in your post. After that we may be able to help

Eduardo Marchesi

Hi elecpl123,

After seeing the report you sent, I confess myself unable to help. I do not know what times you are measuring, as I do not understand what TC-1, TC-2 and TC-3 means. My best suggestion is that you contact the test set manufacturer and ask him about how to read their reports.

However, it is very difficult to understand a CB behaviour without a printed graphical representation as you are dealing with so many signals. Bdf5526 sent a typical graph. I think that will help you to understand your need.

Eduardo Marchesi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back