Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Breakers Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

engeskom

Electrical
Aug 5, 2004
ZA
Hi guys, I need some information on the following breakers.I searched but can't find anything.
1.Sprecher 145kV,3150A
2.Merlin Gerin 24kV,1600A
3.ASEA 88kV,2500A
4.METRO VICKERS 88Kv,400A
5.EIB 44KV,800A TO 1250A

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

engeskom,

I'm guessing that these are devices you already have installed.

Can you give some further data, for Example Merlin Gerin have had several ranges that cover those ratings. At present in Europe it would be either

GMSet upto 24 kV & 6000A or
CGBS 24 to 52 kV 630 to 2000 A

see
In North America it would probably be a Square D product.

If it's older equipment you need to contact your local Merlin Gerin office if you tell me which country you are in I can find this for you.

regards

John

I could find quickly the ASEA , now ABB reference. The link is too long to be put in here, but you can do by yourself following the path

> Product Index A-Z > Circuit Breakers (>36 kV) and once you get here, I think what you need is a Live Tank CB type LDB D. But you can browse further for info on the type you might prefer - you know better what you're looking for.

Sorry guys,

The types is:

1.Sprecher 145kV,3150A-HGF 112/1
2.Merlin Gerin 24kV,1600A-Fluarc FB4
3.ASEA 88kV,2500A-HLR series (E)
4.METRO VICKERS 88Kv,400A- HG 5C
5.EIB 44KV,800A TO 1250A- AE36/1000/8-AE45/1000/12

Engeskom

Fluarc is an older product, I've just looked at the Merlin Gerin site and there is no reference to it in todays product list. I remeber seeing some I think in the early 1990's. I'm at home and can't get onto the intranet site to check old products. I can do that in the morning.

Metro Vickers vanished as a brand of AEI in the 1960's I think so that is some old gear.

John

EIB was located in Belgium has vanished into Alstom and later to Areva.
Areva seems also to be responsible for the Sprecher series.

So if there is any info to be found visit or contact Areva.

regards,

Danny

The actual reason why I want information on these breakers is that I want to initiate a project for replacing some of these breakers.

Maintenance costs is increasing and spares is becoming unavailable. I just need some information to back my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back