Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Breyer - Design of Wood Structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhoward26

Structural
Jun 2, 2011
US
Is there a solutions manual available for Mr. Breyer's text books? Not for school (I've been out of school for years), but for a work reference as there are some very intriguing problems in my 5th Edition that I would like to see solutions for. Just curious.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I was wondering this same thing. I never took a wood design class in school so now I am trying to teach myself through Breyers book. Solutions (or even answers) would be helpful!

In the Preface to the Sixth Edition of the subject book it notes that an Instructors Manual is available and says that a request, on the school leterhead should be sent to McGraw-Hill. Maybe you should contact one of the authors and ask them how you might get the Manual.

The edition I have from about 14 years ago was a good one, but I don't know about the solutions. However, the last AWC Wood Design Manuals had lots of worked out calculations and examples if you are looking for an alternative, and assume if you are doing wood design you will need them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back