Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bringing NX models into SigmaNEST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ServiceSteel

Mechanical
Aug 15, 2012
US
Does anyone knoe how to get NX models into sigmanest correctly. We areModeling with NX 8.0 and have Sigmanest 9.1 but there seems to be some issues. SigmaNest is not helping much.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I assume you have the Add-On NX importer for Sigmanest? And if so, was it stated that it was compatible with NX8? If you do, can you give me some real world insight on it as w are probably switching CAM systems with our adoption of NX and Sigmanest with the NX importer is on of the products we are looking at.

Ryan

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
305 Leo St.
Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A. 45404
Tel: 937.224.0868
Fax: 937.224.1356

Yes we have the add on, but were told that it only works up to 7.5 so we downgraded to 7.5 from 8 and we still can't get it to function correctly. So far we have had to revert back to making dxfs and importing it that way. NX is really powerful but it doesnt seem to play well with sigma

Have you talked to Sigmanest about this?
NX 8 has been released for almost a year, and has been available to partners and beta testers even longer.

Mark Rief
Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Mike, were there any settings that you had to change to get the parts to import correctly and what version of Sigma are you guys using, and we did talk to sigma and they couldnt get the importer to work with NX7.5 coming into Sigma9.1. Its been very frustrating!!

SigmaNEST does support version 8 of NX. Currently SigmaNEST is on 9.1 SP6.4.
I see your call in the help desk and know the support engineer assigned to the Call.
I will review this with him today and get this resolved.
Sorry for lack of correct information

James Lindsey | Product Manager
SigmaTEK Systems, LLC
Worldwide Headquarters

I must say thank you to Sigma,
They have been working dilegently on this problem for us and are currently doing their best to solve the issue!!!

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back