Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Broken resource sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proj 2000/SR-1

I have a master project file which shares resources with other project files. As of today, when I try to open the master project, it prompts to open the resource pool and after I respond, the program crashes.

Is there a command-line option to disable sharing or some other way to solve this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know about a command line fix, and have never seen this specific problem.

My first though is that you may need a more powerful PC. I know when I opened the master file with my old PC it crashed quite often. I now have a top-end PC and it almost never crashes.

Also, you may have multiple calendars on the pool that can build-up and cause problems. Open the Pool read/write and go to [Tools][Organizer] and select the Calendars tab. If you have thousands of calendars on the right, I would delete all of them except the one you are using. This has caused my application to crash before. Chances are if you have the calendars on the Pool, you will find them on each individual project attached to the pool.
Good luck, Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back