Brooks Hansen 2 pole motor coil grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wgn9953

Electrical
Sep 9, 2003
JM
Hi Guys,

i would be appreciate some advice for the rewinding of a Brooks Hansen Motor. The motor carries 12 coil sets in groups of 4, can anyone assist me a coil connection for 2 pole arrangement.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are attempting to change the speed of a 4 poles motor, details of the actual nameplate, winding and goal parameters (HP, Voltage, and Torque) are required. Some mechanical analysis is required in regard to the bearings, fans and stress of rotor materials.
Most probably at least a complete new winding is required.

glensleep, you must also supply the dimensions of the lamination - in particular the bore size, o/d and slot depth. It may not be possible to convert from 4-pole to 2-pole because of saturation in the back-iron, this generally needs to be twice as deep in a 2-pole motor - if there is insufficient depth then the motor will overheat and not develop full torque.

THIS IS A 48 SLOT MOTOR AND IT IS 4 POLE.YOU ARE TRYING TO CHANGE IT TO 2 POLE.YOU WILL NOT GET A SATISFACTORY RESULT AS THE MOTOR IS DESIGNED FOR 4POLE.HOWEVER THE DETAILS WILL BE -GROUP OF 8COILS , HALF SLOT COILS, 6 SETS
HOPE THIS WILL BE OF VALUE.
THANKS

thank you all for your great advise. i will put some into operation on the 10 Mar. when i start the rewind. will keep you all informed.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back