Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browsing Intralink

Status
Not open for further replies.

houtex

Mechanical
Feb 28, 2001
US
Hello.
I would like to browse my drawings contained within the common space directory before opening, but unfortunately when I click on each drawing no preview is
available, so I end up opening drawings just to see the contents. I have my config.pro set to Save_drawing_picture_file embed

I have Wildfire open and I am selecting the common space icon in the left column of the pro section. I hope that is clear.
Any help
greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Houtex,

Your drawings have to be save with that option set, then you can preview them. To prove this save a drawing new or one already in common space, check it into common space, then you can preview it.

Tofflemire

I have done all that you say. I still cannot preview a drawing. How are you previewing yours? That may my problem. Perhaps I don't know the proper way to preview in common space!!!

Hi Houtex,

Are right clicking on the drawing in common space, to see menu options to pop up, then there is an infomation button, this should give you thumbnail preview, then you can enlarge that thumbnail.

Tofflemire

That does work. I was looking for a way to preview through pro wildfire, by picking the common space icon, but your way is good also.

By the way I posted this question in 3 different forums and you are the only one who answered.

Thank you very much

Frank

Hi Houtex,

You can do the same for the parts and assemblies. Only generic will show up, not family table instances. You can spin these also, wireframe and solid.

Tofflemire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back