BS 3059/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnymist2003

Mechanical
Apr 16, 2003
ZA
Hi all,

I'm trying to find some mechanical and chemical properties for BS 3059/5 material (circa 1965).The material has since been replaced by an updated material specification, this much I know.The 1965 edition of BS 1515 I have does not list any modern equivalents, and the issues of BS 3059 Part 1 and 2 that I have do not go back far enough to list the older material equivalents.I'd appreciate any assistance.
Thanks.
John

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Even the very old BS 3059 specification contained designations for the steels. CDS cold drawn seamless, ERW Electric Resistance Welded, HF Hot Finsished Seamless. CEW Cold Finished Electric Resistance Welded.

Then there were the grades - 33, 45 (min ultimate tensile strength of tons per sq inch) 620 - 1Cr0.5M0, 622 - 2Cr1Mo (two grades) etc etc.

Need a bit more information...

Cheers

Hi Andy,
thanks for the post. We actually managed to track down a copy of BS 3059/5:1958.The spec is : BS 3059/5 : Hot Finished Seamless Carbon Steel Boiler and Superheater Tubes.In the document the tensile strength is set at 27 tons/in^2 as a minimum, with a 35 ton/in^2 maximum.So, I have a copy if you'd like one.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back