Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Budgetary Pricing for Change Orders et. al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTank

Mechanical
Sep 24, 2007
US
Guys,

I am looking to put together some change orders for a recently finished project, and I need budgetary pricing for steel pipe, specifically.

I am fully aware of the liquidity of this product, but I find it hard to believe that there aren't any resources available online adequate for budgetary pricing.

Anyone have anything?

--------------------------------
Fitter, happier, more productive

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Lots of times it depends very heavily on the amount of pipe required, how much the vendor has in stock that he wants to get rid of and other things such as where that pipe is located at point of sale (transport to that location wasn't free), so its not commonly listed online.

Call a local supplier is best.

"Pumping accounts for 20% of the world’s energy used by electric motors and 25% to 50% of the total electrical energy usage in certain industrial facilities." - DOE statistic (Note: Make that 99.99% for pipeline companies)

i used some items we had in stock, and didn't need to purchase them. i quoted the project using budgetary numbers, but in this case, i need to actually document the pricing for verification of the overages.

--------------------------------
Fitter, happier, more productive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back