Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Buffer Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilFox

Mechanical
Sep 23, 2003
RU
Hi all!
CHWS for process aplication
What best way of an arrangement pipes of input
and output in buffer tank for obtain of gradual change temperature, at heat impact from loadings (at one level, one is higher than another, to arrange above, below, in middle)?

How to calculate its(tank) sizes?

Best Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SilFox,

You may find your first question answered in a previous thread.

As a rule of thumb, you should have 8 liters of system volume for each kW of cooling.

I hope this helps.

Inlet to the tank at top and outlet from the tank at bottom. (this way you can take care of air in the system)

PS: I couldn't understand what a gradual change temperature is.

Regards,

Believe it or not : A Neutrino is so mass less(and electrically neutral) that, a conservative estimate states, it can pass through a 50 light year thick lead block.

With regard to the gradual temperature change, are you refering to stratifying the water within the tank?. If this is your intention, you should keep the velocity of the water entering the buffer vessel as low as possible, this will help to minimize the turbulating effect of water entering the buffer vessel.

Hi!
The technological process works with sharp rises of temperatures.(10F/20s)
It's necessary to mix water so that:
1. Occurred initial heating of water practically immediately - for activation of chiller's loading system
2. The change from a minimum to a maximum must occured extended in time,and occured very smoothly. A time interval achievement of equality input and output temperatures will be proportional, I think, to the sizes a buffer tank.

Best Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back