Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building Inspection Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kxa

Structural
Nov 16, 2005
US
Can somebody tell me if there are any standards for the inspection of buildings. I heard there is an ASMT standard but can't find the number.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

New Zealand has such a standard, however as I understand the document is more suited to inspection of completed structure for pre-purchase or renovation/repair applications. Is this suitable to your need?

I would really like to hear anyone who knows of a standard for site inspections during construction!

Regards,

YS

B.Eng (Carleton)
Working in New Zealand, thinking of my snow covered home...

This is for the whole building including HVAC, plumbing, etc. Is there a std. procedure for how o inspect and how to present the report?

It may help if you could elaborate on what type of info your looking for. Do you need to knwo what type of inspections to perform, or HOW to perform them? New or existing construction?

IBC codes chapter 17 has a thourough list of inspections for new buildings of all types that will guide you.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back