Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bulb Tees 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstructural

Structural
Jun 13, 2018
US
Hello,
Does anyone know where I can find design info or sectional properties on these two types of High Strength Bulb Tees: #200 and #258?
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jayrod12: Thank you for sharing that info; very helpful.
This existing roof framing that I am working with calls out #200 BULB TEE @ 3'-0" O.C. typ. (see attached pdf file). This building was designed around 1963, there may have been a particular manufacturer that carried these shapes. The dwgs do not specify though where to procure the members from.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a182bcb1-ed88-4fec-b498-65eea32ec72c&file=Framing_Plan.pdf
jayrod's info is consistent with what I have....no #200. 158,168,178,218, 228 and 258 all common sizes. 218 most common for Tectum and gyp decks.

Alright, thanks Ron for looking into it anyway!
The pdf file in my previous post was not the correct.
I have attached the correct partial framing plan showing the #200 Bulb Tee callouts.

Brad805: no we have not, we don't have access to those members yet to take field measurements. But yes, that would be a good idea also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back