Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bullet not Penetrating Through Metal Plate Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseeb99b

Mechanical
Nov 30, 2016
PK
Hi Everyone. I am facing a strange problem. Bullet material is Steel and the Metal Plate is AL-7017. I have turned on the "STATUS" from Field Output and also written that INTERIOR thingy with the respective sets before *END ASSEMBLY. The problem is that the job starts, for a few millimeters the materials removes as the bullet penetrates into the Plate, but stops penetrating as it further proceeds. If one removes Bullet from the display group or when the bullet reaches other side of the plate, one could clearly see that the material has not been removed. I'd be grateful if someone could help me out in sorting the problem and a possible solution to fix the issue.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a good example of this type of analysis in the Example Problems Guide. Might help figure out your issue:

Abaqus Example Problems Guide -> Dynamic Stress/Displacement Analyses -> Rigid/Eroding Projectile Impacting Eroding Plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back