Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Burn through issues for aircraft interiors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffg00

Aerospace
May 23, 2017
GB
Hi, I am new to the aerospace industry and wonder if anyone can assist me with a question related to 'burn through'. As I understand it, the issue of burn through can be, as an example, applicable to galley equipment. In the event of extreme heat or exposure to a flame, the rate of burn through a galley monument or partition wall becomes very important.

Can anyone give me a summary of the burn through issue or let me know where I can find information please,

Thank you,
Jeff

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

IF unfamiliar... Some useful info...

FAA AC20-178 Flammability Testing of Aircraft Cabin Interior Panels After Alterations

FAA AC23-2 Flammability Tests

FAA AC25.853-1 Flammability Requirements for Aircraft Seat Cushions

DOT/FAA/AR-00/12 Aircraft Materials Fire Test Handbook

SAE ARP695 Galley System Design and Installation Criteria

ASE AS1426 App II Standard Galley System Specification - Appendix II - 20.0 Data Requirements and Procedures

SAE AS6453 Fire Containment Cover - Design, Performance, and Testing Requirements [Cargo ULD covers to prevent burn-thru by smothering]

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back