Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bus in Simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasomix

Electrical
Jul 14, 2011
ES
Hello,

I am a begginer in simulink and I am trying to pass a structure from one block to another block.

My first approach is utilizing a bus to send the structure from the first block to the second one, but I do not know how to connect both blocks with a bus. Every time I connect them, it appears an only cable. I gave a name to the cable and I tried to use "Simulink.BusElement". I changed the dimensions to 5, but it happens nothing.

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Best regars,

wasomix

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

can you paste a screenshot of what you have? I don't actually have a BusEelement on this install.

you need input and output lines, a bus creator, which multiplexes the signals, and a bus selector, which demuxes them. The latter two blocks control the dimension of the bus, the bus itself is just a connector.

you may find Bus to vector is a more useful block.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Hello Greg,

thank you very much for your quick answer.

in Picture 1, I have both blocks and I have connected them with a wire, but I do not know if the wire behaves as a bus. The name of the wire is "a".

in Picture 2, I have used Simulink.BusElement(I think is a class), and I have changed the value of "Dimensions" per 5.

I do not know if I am actually using a bus to connect both blocks or a wire.

Best regards, wasomix

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4ac368b3-2165-4851-86e7-82af82d5c648&file=Pictures.docx
LibreOffice opens DOCX files... though not always perfectly. However, it's available for free for various platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, etc.).

A little off-topic, but good to know nonetheless.

[smile] so does microsoft word (2007-present i think)

[peace]
Fe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back