Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bylaser 4400 "Overcurrent on tube 10" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgroff2029

Industrial
Aug 5, 2014
US
I keep getting this error message on one of our Bystronic lasers. After acknowledging the error and restarting the cut a couple of times it goes away for a few hours. Can someone please tell me where I need to be looking to eliminate this issue.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Krugtech....thanks for your reply. I actually got a tech from Alphatronics in house today to take care of this and several other issues. This forum will probably be my lifeline for awhile though. I spent 14 years in plastic extrusion and due to a plant closure, have found myself working with lasers now. Thanks again for your response.

dgroff,
Let us know what the tech finds, I find it very helpful to search old threads when I have issues, and it is great when I find a solution in a thread.
Thanks

"I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, 'cause they are stuck on me"

Krugtech is right! Overcurrent happens because of gas contamination, leak (check the yellow hoses), humidty (check dehumidifier) e gas quality.

Overcurrent tube.
I had exactly the same problem.
Yesterday I wanted to ask for advice.
I can advise you....... Today.[glasses]

Vacuum test in okay. (20 minutes) . Power okay. No other visible problem.
Through it all 2 x or 4 x daily failure. ,,overcurrent tube - 10 or 8"
The entire month..... Twice came Service.
Test the quality of helium and nitrogen - OK.
We tested the volatility of the electricity supply.

All for nothing

We found the cause of the problem.

You disbelieve...... With cooler water leak..... minimum leakage.
Cooler in High-voltage cabinet. Above insulated plate vacuum tube and semiconductor diodes.

Just drop of water which is immediately evaporated.

!!!! Caution - high voltage can kill !!!

Sorry for poor English.
I just repairman agricultural and forestry machinery. From the Czech Republic [bigsmile]
I speak only Flemish, Czech, German and Russian with resistance.

Stanley

Your English is fine. In fact it is better than some of the people I work with who were born here in the States.

"I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, 'cause they are stuck on me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back