Bysprint pro 3015 , 7,5' cutting head problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicu94

Industrial
Jul 13, 2017
RO
Hello
We have an bystronic , bysprint pro 3015,by about 2 months,lately by about 1 week we started to have troubles cutting with the 7,5 cutting head and honestly don't get it why as we lack experience.
Everything is set ,we cut 4-5 sheets same thickness and then using the same parameters aa before on the same thickness sheet problems appear. Nozzle is centered correctly,lense is clean,nozzle is fine,same parameters it just doesn't work anymore. The cutting at one point seems like it has no gase ,instead of that orange colour while cutting is some blueish colour. We have all the gases nothing missing.
We tested two days in row and about after 4-5 sheets it just doesn't cut anymore. If anyone has any idea about what it could be I'd be really grateful :).
Could be the lense?it doesn't make sense cause it works 4-5 sheets perfectly.
What could it be?for me it seems like we don't get the cutting gase anymore.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Using O2 and cutting mild steel.
The O2 pressure is about 10 bars and I think we need at least 15 bars .. could that be?

Wow 10 bars is extremely high pressure in my opinion don't think I ever used that much o2 pressure cutting mild steel. For 18 gauge mild steel I use 2 bar oxygen and as material gets thicker the pressure reduces to half a bar at 5/8 thick mild steel. Maybe your pressure building coil in your o2 tank is freezing up using all that gas.

I never cut using 10 bars,what I am confused about is following. When they installed the machine they recommend us to have a minimum 15 bars pressure in the oxigen bulding coil. We have maximum 10 ,we changed lens today. I cut sheet thickness 8 using 0.7 bars but as i said they recommend minimum 15 in the oxigen building coil

They were probably suggesting that is the pressure you want for oxygen going into the machine. That pressure is way too high for O2 cutting. If you are indeed trying to cut using oxygen @ 10-15bar that is your problem.

Do you have any problems cutting any other materials/thicknesses? Have you tried a different lens?

that would be the pressure going into the machine. 10 bar should be fine as long as it's fairly stable at 10 bar. Shut off your N2 assist gas and bleed the pressure out of the lines. It sounds like the N2 proportional valve is not closing and contaminating the O2. What are you using to provide O2 and N2 to the machine?

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back