Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bystronic 3015: OverCurrent and Tube Out NR Errors 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceLaser

Industrial
Sep 11, 2018
US
Hello again.

I am happy to say that this forum helped us get to the root cause of our cutting problems (Heavy burr) and today we are cutting with minimal to zero burring on 1/8" and less aluminum! Lets see if this community of experts can diagnose this one.

Our laser is throwing the errors listed in the subject line (Overcurrent and Tube Out NR) during the first few hours of operation - most occurrences being with the first 45 minutes. This only happens when the beam is activated and not when the machine is just sitting idle.

I did look into a similar post (380-450083), but I just wanted to see if there would be a different approach for our machine.

Let me know what you folks think.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have been digging around and I may have found a lead. It seems others are having similar issues with the 3015 and the 4400 (OverCurrent Errors) that have been caused by running at 100% power. I have been told that since we are cutting .080 aluminum as our thinnest and .375 aluminum as our max - we need to be at 100%.

@krugtech - Maybe you could weigh in here.

Just got off the phone with Bystronic. It was suggested that we need to investigate our vacuum pump for oil level and if there are any leaks in the system (Vacuum test for 30+ mins). Another path to take is to check the resonator tubes during operation. Tech said that it could be a issue with the FastMix, so I able to observe during this period (the first hour of operation). If I see any flashing or stringy plasma - it could be the FastMix valve sticking. Next to check is a card above the high voltage cabinet (Tubif card?). Whichever cards control tubes 1-8 (1) and 9-16 (2). If I swap them and the issue goes away, then we have a bad card. I will be seeking out these tests tomorrow.

From this discussion, I realize that I have some important information to add to my initial post. The vacuum has only been pulling down to 34-35 before we have to step in to turn the blower on. It was once around 18.

hi
i am having an issue with my laser cutting machine bystronic 3015
i cutting inox 4mm and while cutting the material,
the power of laser decreases till the next part it can't be cutted,
i have lowered the speed to obtain an acceptable cutting but this doesn't resolve the problem
can anyone help?

Sorry for the delay. Stringy plasma kills power and hammers the hell out of the high voltage section. It'll make enough electrical noise to trip out servo drives and plc sometimes. So it's to be avoided.

Make sure you don't have old dates on your gas bottles, make sure your system is leak free. If it has a lot of hours on it, it might be time to clean/replace the glass. The becker pumps like to let cooling water inside themselves too, that'll drive you crazy.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

Couple of question here, where is the fastmix valve located and do someone have a trick to find leaks in vacuum system (soapy solution for example)
Today I got the error message tube out nr. 12 and I don’t know where to start and where to check
34A5F43D-EB24-47ED-8D04-E54F99EEDA73_p341is.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back