Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bystronic 4020 "vacuum on" and "running flood" by him self

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipov1975

Industrial
Nov 15, 2017
BG
Good day to all. The problem with our BYSTRONIC 4020 Bystar machine is the following:
After loading and starting, the machine starts performing the functions "vacuum on" and "running flood" itself. There is no regularity in her actions. Two seconds "vacum on" one minute "running flood" then these actions are repeated without human intervention.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4c4e4a85-41b4-4ed1-9a62-707f36cd797e&file=WhatsApp_Video_2020-07-23_at_14.13.17.mp4
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OK first step is to run a program while the operating mode on the cnc from mmc/ssi to number 1 mmc

while the program is running, see if output number 1 in the cnc comes on when you would expect the shutter to open. If it does, run a wire from this output to terminal block XW4A, terminal number 2, in the BTL/laser cabinet. that should get your shutter to work.

As for error- run a wire from terminal block XW4A, terminal number 3, in the BTL/laser cabinet to input number 5 in the cnc cabinet. your inputs in the cnc will be either in a black box w 2 vertical rows of LED or a rack with red and white input modules in it. if the later, you may be missing the needed modules, just take one from something that's not used.

Many of these were converted from MMC-SSI to straight MMC because of problems.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

Good afternoon, Mr. Krug. Today I looked at the CNC cabinet, and did not understand what exactly is the input module. I photographed what I guess it is. If this is the module, then on the first point about SHUTTER, I have to look at output one if it is indicated. Therefore, I have to run a cable from BTL cabinet / XW4A / to input number 5 of the same input-output module of CNC cabinet.
Thanks again for the help.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a0c6ccde-3129-4f98-a1bc-1f530a1df34e&file=I-O__modul.jpeg
Hello. We have a movement on the issue. After replacing all boards and cables / SSIF, LASERIF, DIOSSI / we already have a result. The machine does not turn on and off when asked, but now cannot create a vacuum. Up to 30 mBAR. Now I expect BISTRONIC to send me new seals and I will replace all of them. We have already changed 3 sets together with ceramics and bronze rings because it made an electric arc and configured an OVERCURRENT error. The question is:
What are the possible reasons for this action of the machine? Only the seals and ceramics or maybe the reason is somewhere else?
Тhank you in advance for your cooperation

sounds like moisture built up on the plasma tubes and ceramics, the o-rings in the ceramics get damaged when the high voltage is turned on. find a leak detector or just start taking it apart. A leak that big can be heard if yo can make the shop quiet. Use a piece of hose between your ear and the leaks to narrow it down.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

hello everybody,
We are using 15 year old bystronic bystar 3015 and we are having problems with SF3 Detection. Whenever we start the program head does not want to detect the material. It just hits the material every time it starts the cutting. it hits so hard that u can hear the sound. Does anybody has the same issue? Any leads will be appreciated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back