Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bystronic Bystar 4020 btl 3000 display 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

imren

Electrical
May 13, 2014
RS
Hello everybody,

Suddenly the display on the laser cabinet stopped working. The keypad is working but there is nothing on the display.
I'm starting up and working with the laser fine with a black screen.
Is it a way to test the display to see is it faulty? I took it out from the cabinet, but don't know how to test it.

Best regards,

Imre

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

does it have a standard 15 pin VGA/SVGA connector like on a regular computer? i looked at some 4020 pictures online, some looked windows based. If it does, plug it into a regular PC and see if it comes up. also Try taking a standard PC Monitor and plugging it into the bystronic to see if it boots. Does the display have any info on it? Manufacturer and model number?

If it has a 9 pin CGA connector, you would need an older PC with a VGA video card.

I am not very familiar with Bystronic, does it have a Fanuc Controller? They make LCD dropin replacements for Fanucs and many other controllers. Post pictures of your display and it's connectors if you can.

"I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, 'cause they are stuck on me"

Hello RPosty,

Thanks for reply.

The model of the display is Futaba M402SD07GS.
It doesn't have a VGA/SVGA connector, it has pins and it is connected with the poscon pcb with a cable simmilar like
the serial bus in a pc just fewer pins.
Here is the specification from the dispaly.

Link

And is a picture

2w5r4g9.jpg

That is not what I was expecting, however the Link you posted has detailed information on how to test it. If you look on page 9/14, It shows the "NOT" TEST pin 16 (I don't how to put a line over a word?). I think if you supply 5VDC to Pins 2,4,6 and Ground (DC return) Pins 8,10,12,14,16 it should initiate the self test function. Call the manufacturer to confirm, there is a display level signal that is in hexidecimal, not sure if that needs to be sent a signal to get a display. I would think it shouldn't. The manufacturer may be able to send you a program you can put on your computer to play with the display. It looks like the display can take both parallel (25 pin printer port on older computers} and serial input (9 pin port old mouses used to be plugged into).

"I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, 'cause they are stuck on me"

No problem.
There is a DC to DC convertor, to get the required 5V, on the procon card.
Just make sure this is pumping out clean 5VDC, if not, throw in a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back