Bystronic glass cover issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD4Star

Materials
Apr 29, 2021
US
thread380-282664
Like the previous closed thread, we've been having the same issue with HRPO .500. We are burning through glass covers. Between second shift and one hour into first shift, we went through nine lens covers. I saw in the attached thread that one person mentioned certain parameters for the pierce. Can anyone tell me what the parameters should be for my material? While I have general knowledge and I'm responsible for the division, I'm not an operator, so forgive my lack of technical skill when it come to laser operation.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi, i try to help you even if we have an old amada beta3 co2. that material I cut with a 7.5 "lens, oxygen as cutting and piercing gas. the nozzle height during or piercing must be greater than 1.5mm (i use at about 3.5- 4.5mm) gas pressure not very high between 0.6 and 1 bar. You must be sure that the head contains the assistance gas so then increase the pause times before pierce, increase even by one second if necessary (you must be sure that the gas solenoid valves are not broken). Then for the parameters you can try for example with 3kw, 10hz 10duty initial and use an increase of 5hz and 1 duty points for each step (I don't know how the bystronic works) the piercing is time between 4 and 5 seconds. if it bursts immediately as it starts there is too much heat power, so you have to decrease with the duty or the frequency. if it bursts after 1 or 2 seconds you have to speed up the breakthrough then + power. all this is not valid if you use air as assistance gas or nitrogen.however, you must be sure that the machine is set with a nozzle and lens suitable for that type of material. to find out what I suggest you also contact bistronic assistance. also if you post the photos of your parameters it is better. ciao

burex2 - Appreciate the reply. This is on a 6K Fiber. The lens cover is a little different than on the CO2's. I've attached a picture with a coin for size reference.
20210430_155702_1_bkz8zz.jpg

hi, i know that fiber lasers have protective covers for the lens, unlike our co2, but since you have found contamination (splatter or dot) of the protection on the outside (if inside it was very serious), there are various causes that I can hypothesize since the only thing you said is that you found the lenses dirty. incorrect cutting parameters (during piercing or during the loss of the cut of a piece dust enters the head);
malfunctioning gas assistance system;
dirty inside of the head;
I ask if your machine when performing the pierce it creates a volcanic eruption with pieces of molten material flying through the air ??? if yes, it is a pierce problem.also you have to watch what happens when cutting. if it were just a piercing problem you just need to keep the pressure of the head at one bar and pierce 10 mm from the sheet. with 6kw you can make holes in the floor.

If it's bystronic it will be your parameters the delay for Pierce should be around .3 seconds also if your cutting material with coating I would raise the head alittle to. Tell me what material your using if your still having this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back