Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BYSTRONIC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

QSF

Industrial
Jan 10, 2003
US
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON BYSTRONIC LASERS? I AM LOOKING FOR GOOD OR BAD POINTS OR ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO SHARE. I PRESENTLY AM USING A MAZAK AND TRYING TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE BYSTRONIC BECAUSE I HEARD IT CAN CUT AT AMAZING SPEED...
IS THE MAINTENANCE HIGHER THAN NORMAL? DOES IT USE EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF GAS OR LENSES....ECT., ECT....

Gary L. Ellis Jr.
Quality Steel Fabrication
Sidney, OH
gellis@woh.rr.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, most Bystronic are faster than Mazak (except HyperGear). Bystronic's machine are maintenance intensive but are better machines. I would say they require a bit more maintenance than a Mazak. We own 3 Bystars ands are very satisfied with these. And Bystronic have above average customer service.

We have had a byspeed for about 1 year and have not had any
problems since install. the machine cuts parts very fast when using rapid parameters. But this type of cutting suits 3mm & under mainly & some jobs up to 5mm. Over this thickness all lasers are I think about simular cut speed for same amount of KW's. Also rapid parameters do not suit every type of job. I think the best thing about bystronic
is the programing system is very simple to use and these options like rapid cutting , pulse cutting etc,the software flows well in production enviroment.
Consumables costs are not excessive,but most rapid cutting would been done with high N2.
Trumpf 3050 will cut sheetmetal about the same speed too.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back