Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C.F.D. questions and view options in NX7.5,... Very simple question I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengstudent

Mechanical
Jun 6, 2012
GB
Hi there... Apologies for the dumbness of the questions...

But while looking at flow results (or indeed FEA, I spose)... When you change the single view to a side by side or multiple view, etc... How do you control what is displayed in the other "screens"? So how can I show velocities and pressures simultaniously, for example? (but on different parts of the screen, not overlayed)

Also, is it possible to import other simulations for other views... Therefore being able to show maybe velocity results for a part, and its modified counterpart on the same screen? (Im trying to view multiple and varied inlet and exhaust ports)

Also... And lastly, does NX have the ability to calculate a flow rate? (In order to validate flow bench results with calculated results?)

Any help wold be greatly appreciated.

Cheers everyone.
Chris.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In order to get results up in a different window, right click on the result you want to display and choose 'plot'. Then just click into the window you want that result to be displayed in. When changing the options on the result just make sure you have the right 'post view' highlighted in the tree in the post processing navigator. You can then link the results together using the linked chain symbol so that moving one view will move all views in the same way, a good way to compare results. And if you highlight all the post views (ctrl click them) you can animate them at the same time as well.

You can also open up multiple simulations (so you can have many .sims open in the simulation file view) and open up their results in the post processing navigator as you would any other result described above.

I'm not sure about flow rate but I think it can. But don't hold me to that.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back