Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C firmware compile

Status
Not open for further replies.

smythe

Computer
Nov 21, 2002
US
Some engineers at our company wrote some firmware for our embedded hardware device. In short, they are no longer with the company and I need to figure out how to compile the firmware.

I normally do development in visual c++, but I need to compile the c so I can generate a "Motorola S Record" format which is flashed to the device.

Here is the chip in our embedded device:
I don't know how to do this, I need help. Is this something I can do with GNU compiler? Where do I get a compiler? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the makefile I found:
# -lc12p

CC = icc12w
CFLAGS = -DDEBUG -Ic:\\progra~1\\icc12\\include -e -l -v -Wf-cpdon
LFLAGS = -Lc:\\progra~1\\icc12\\lib -m -btext:0xc000 -bdata:0x0800 -bextcode:0x0.0x1FFFF -dinit_sp:0x0c00 -fmots19
OBJS = main.o gpio.o eeprom.o soundbank.o version.o update.o security.o termio.o queue.o vectors.o

.c.o:
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $?

impro: $(OBJS) usb_lib imcore_lib i2c_lib
$(CC) -o impro $(LFLAGS) $(OBJS) -llp12p -lc12p -lusb -limcore -li2c -lspi

usb_lib:
cd usb; make all

imcore_lib:
cd imcore; make all

i2c_lib:
cd i2c/asm; make all

clean:
rm -rf *.o *.s19 *.lis *.lk *.s *.dp2 *.src *.lst *.mp *.i *.a

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
I was actually able to notice the "ICC12" in the makefile, I found that is a C compiler so our engineers must have been using the software/path. I'm experimenting with a demo version from
Here is hardware related info:

The MC68HC812A4 microcontroller unit (MCU) is a 16-bit device composed of standard on-chip peripheral modules connected by an inter module bus. Modules include a 16-bit central processing unit (CPU12), a Lite integration module (LIM), two asynchronous serial communications interfaces (SCI0 and SCI1), a serial peripheral interface (SPI), a timer and pulse accumulation module, an 8-bit analog-to- digital converter (ATD), 1 Kbyte of RAM, 4 Kbytes of EEPROM, and memory expansion logic with chip selects, key wakeup ports, and a phase-locked loop (PLL). 1.1

Features:

Low-Power, High-Speed M68HC12 CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back