Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

c/sink dia of std threaded hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirven

Mechanical
Aug 28, 2001
GB
Is it possible to control the default value for the c/sink dia of standard threaded holes? I always have to alter mine to suit the company standards.
tia
Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not only do you have to alter the dimensions outside of feature creation, but the note will not inclued the c'sink.
Also hole charting on standard holes will not work. I don't think PTC has done a good job on the hole creation box.

The countersink details may be added to the hole note by adding "&Cbore_diameter x &Cbore_angle" - at least in 2001.
I discovered that while looking for the answer to my original problem.

Dave

We have set up company standard UDF flies that make the hole process quicker to match what we consider a standard hole. Many times we need threads that are non standard to the Machinery Handbook but are common to us so UDFs seemed to be the most logical. Thanks for the tip on the C"BORE call out, I will give that a try. I have heard, maybe someone else will verify, that they have improved holes in Wildfire? I know that patterning has become a whole lot more flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back