Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cable Strip Deformable Part

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinSweden

Mechanical
Mar 23, 2009
SE
Hi!

I'm working on a project with electrical cables that is to be bundled together with cable strips.

The cable strips has a diameter range of let's say 3,5mm to 45 mm that the strip can bundle together.

My question is if it's possible to use Deformable Parts to change the diameter of the cable strip without the addition of references for sketch planes etc.

I have added the diameter expression (p22) in Create Def. Part. and determine the range in which the diamter is allowed to be altered.

However I don't seem to reach the goal were I add the cable strip to an assembly and for each instance is able to have an specific diameter.

Se attached file if the text don't make sense.. ;-)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

excuse the crudity of the model, but I'm contrained by time, but something like this? Add it to an assembly a few tome over and notice that you can use a slider to change the diameter. Also, it creates features in your part navigator, so you can always edit them later if you need to change te diameter.

Tools --> Define Deformable Part to do this.

:)

Best regards

Simon NX4.0.4.2 MP10 - TCEng 9.1.3.6.c - (NX6.0.3.6 MP2 native)

Life shouldn't be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of times when it's taken away...

Thanks Simon!

Now I know that it can be done. And I also found a way to make it work.

I neglegted to add the cord. sys. that the sketches was depending on hence tha problem of the deform feature asking for external reference.

Best Regards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back