Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAD Conversion Engine, try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wubugi

Nuclear
Jul 13, 2006
DE
We are three german students in the field of construction, the last two years we've been working on an interface to convert CAD-files automaticaly. Our engine includes full feature-history, parametrisation, formulas, associations, sketches, etc.

For we are still in the process of refinement, we invite you to take a first peek. If you have comments, ideas, wishes or just want to try it out, you're welcome!

Currently these CAD-Systems are implemented: Inventor, Unigraphics & Catia. Others (Solid Works, Solid Edge, ...) will be added soon. If you want to upload a file for transfer and the versions mentioned on the site differ, don't hesitate to write us, we sure can set up something.

Thank you!

(Beta)

Congratulations on your venture, I wish you great success ! Some years ago, I was involved in developing add-ons for AutoCAD, and studied the database structure of ACAD and other CAD applications, its a fascinating area to explore. This experience will put you in a unique position to really evaluate 3D CAD programs in a significant way. Best of luck to you, and I hope to see more of your input here on this forum !

Hey, thanks! I explored this forum just recently, sure i will post more often then. :)

Nice job. Thanks.
You may want to change the colors of the tabs, hard to read.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back