Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CADAM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcrouch9

Military
Jan 3, 2004
US
I'm stuck using CADAM in my new job and I need some help. Can anyone send be towards some good training sites or downloadable tutorials.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It has been awhile since I used it and I do not remember websites off the top of my head but the software from what I remember is backwards of autocad. The software was created by IBM if I remember correctly, you might want to give them a visit. If I remember any sites I will drop you a new post.

Amazon.com have copies of USING MICRO CADAM by T.Daniel Smyth, ISBN: 0969751001. They are not cheap at about $192 but for 1200 pages of information plus DOS version of software on disc it's good value.

I was trained on it back in 1982 and have used it on and off ever since. It's very logical, fast and easy to learn, You can leave it alone for several years and still come back to it.

CADAM was developed in 1964/5 by Lockheed and later marketed by IBM, in the early days it ran only on a large mainframe computer but is fine on a PC as MicroCadam.

Your Library may be able to find an archive copy somewhere, all my training stuff went years ago otherwise it could have been copied.

CADAM was bought out by Dassult Systemes the makers of CATIA software. It was included in the early versions of CATIA v5. I think they still support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back