Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAE Analysis 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poorpaulus

Automotive
Feb 3, 2002
GB
I am looking for a CAE analysis company to do some work analysing noise and vibration levels in metal panels for the automotive industry. Can anyone help me?

Paul.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Altair make Hypermesh, which is our pre and post processor of choice, but we still solve using Nastran or ABAQUS, for NVH meshes.

Can you describe what you need to do more fully and I'll find out what we'd use to model that analysis - it is very much horses for courses?

Cheers

Greg Locock

I work for a company which supplies the NVH package to Jaguar Cars. There is currently a project started to reduce the NVH from within the car. I believe that the problem lies in the dampening of the panels. I would like to get a full NVH analysis of the body so that I can provide a package of improvements which to Jaguar.

Does this help?

Paul.

Sounds like a job for SEA. The program of choice is probably Auto SEA, but I think LMS make a package as well. Instead of second guessing them, just ask and they'll happily tell you - Jag have a good deal of experience in this area. You need to speak to someone in the CAE NVH group - the buyer or someone on your deisgn team will know who to talk to.

Cheers

Greg Locock

Sorry, I thought you were looking for an analysis package. I have lived in Australia for 12 years so I'm out of touch, but, OK, usually you'd go to Anatrol, who charge like a wounded bull. SDRC may still do NVH consultancy work. My good friends at Lotus Engineering might be as well. I don't think Anthony Best Dynamics is much involved with high frequency stuff, but he's worth a try. Then there's the universities, if you've got the time.

To be honest, I'd still ask Jaguar's VR group for recommendations. Cheers

Greg Locock

Altair Engineering is a full-service CAE provider, including analysis for NVH, fatigue, crash simulation, etc. They are not just a software vendor. As I mentioned previously, I highly recommend them.

You should consider LMS. They have Engineering Services, facilities and software to anything in NVH and Acoustics. They can handle CAE, Test and Hybrid approaches.

In North America Contact:
Mike Albright - mike.albright@lmsna.com
248-952-5664

OR

Tony Flezar - tony.fleszar@lmsna.com
248-952-5664

International contact:
Jef Vandenhout - jef.vandenhout@lms.be
+32 16 384 315

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back