Calculate blower flow at production room

Status
Not open for further replies.

charls1

Electrical
Dec 24, 2022
ID
Guys, I need your advise
We have production room with dimensions of length = 12 meters, width = 5 meters, height = 3 meters and will be installed with blower and exhaust so that air circulation occurs during the cooking process in production and make operator can work comfortably.

How to calculate the need for blowers and exhaust flow if inside the room we have 3 cookers and 5 workers?

Thanks
charls

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is the heat rejection rate of the cookers?
Where is the makeup air coming from to make up for the exhaust? What temperature is it?
What is the maximum temperature that is acceptable in the room?

You should hire an HVAC designer. There is way too little information to give any advise. The internet is where you get some pointers, or an answer to a specific question, but not a completely designed and sized system.

@nuuvox000,
What is the heat rejection rate of the cookers? i have no idea how to calculate
Where is the makeup air coming from to make up for the exhaust? from outside building; What temperature is it? 32oC
What is the maximum temperature that is acceptable in the room? 29oC

In my mind only thinking to put incoming air blower with high CMH and put ducting near with cooker machine and make air circulation as fast as possible with exhaust above.

If the maximum acceptable temperature in the room is 29°C, why would you bring in air that is 32°C? You'll need to cool the air that's coming in with a makeup air unit if that's the case.

Do you have the cooker spec sheets? They may tell you the heat rejection rate. If not, you should be able to calculate the heat it will give off by looking at the energy input (i.e., energy in = energy out, where energy out is typically heat). If it's electrical, the FLA should be somewhere on the unit. If it's gas, the input BTU (or kW) should be on the unit somewhere as well.

To answer your original question: if you're trying to cool the room with outside air that is a higher temperature than the temperature you want to keep the room, obviously that's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back