Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculating Degassing Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_uniform

Agricultural
Dec 26, 2022
US
Hello, I have tried searching google, and a number of forums including this one with little to no success. The best I have found is this site which is not fully operational:

The question I have is based on the vapor pressure of a chemical like hydrogen sulfide: 252 psig, or carbon dioxide 830 psig, and a gas to liquid flow rate of 4 to 1, and an inlet water concentration of 10ppb, what would the outlet water concentration be of said chemical? What about inlet concentration of 3ppb, assuming counter current and a contact time of 45 seconds.

What I am really after here is how to accurately calculate the concentrations of chemicals into an out of a degassing column based on the chemical properties of the chemicals in the water and the water itself. How does the water impact degassing: salt vs fresh, brackish or is it conductivity of water that determines degassing vs salinity.

I appreciate the assistance here and look forward to the discussion.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should look up Henry's law.

Link to Henry's Law

If you have a specific question or application, why not post it to obtain a better answer? The parameters that you are posting are in the theoretical range and outside of what is generally encountered in normal practice.

Bimr, I’ll looks into Henry’s law and that math, cheers.

Those values are the specific question, 4:1 gas to liquid, 45 second contact time, counter current 10ppb some degassable chemical concentration: CO2, H2S… in, what is the out concentration? And more interestingly how to set up the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back