Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calculating design peak flows at ungaged rural watersheds

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreng

Civil/Environmental
Jan 9, 2003
CA
Looking for reference information for calculating design peak flows at ungaged rural watersheds? i.e. texts, reports, etc...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

HI
I AM TRYING TO MAKE THE HEC RAS MODEL WITH BRIDGE FOR BACKWATR ANALYSIS. ANY OF GUYS COULD HELP ME HOW TO BUILD THE PERFECT MODEL. IF THE SITE IS UNGAUGED, THE FLOW COMPUTED FROM RATIONAL METHODS WORKS OR NOT PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THIS HELP WILL REALLY BE COOPERATIVE FROM YOU GUYS. IF YOU HAVE SAMPE EXAMPLES PLEASE SEND ME. THANKS.

HI
I AM TRYING TO MAKE THE HEC RAS MODEL WITH BRIDGE FOR BACKWATR ANALYSIS. ANY OF GUYS COULD HELP ME HOW TO BUILD THE PERFECT MODEL. IF THE SITE IS UNGAUGED, THE FLOW COMPUTED FROM RATIONAL METHODS WORKS OR NOT PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THIS HELP WILL REALLY BE COOPERATIVE FROM YOU GUYS. IF YOU HAVE SAMPE EXAMPLES PLEASE SEND ME. THANKS.

I would say no - rational method is normally not sufficient for bridge design. Regression equation might be better

Thanks for the information, unfortunately the site I'm assessing is in Canada and the NSS program is not applicable.

Are there no Canadian equivalents, really ?
Are there no regional regression equations applicable in Canada ?
Are there no such things as the National Weather Service, University Libraries, local government agency offices, Flood Insurance agents, Provincial or Territorial Environmental agencies, or public libraries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back