Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculation of Error in Abaqus - soil earthquake excitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoSpencer

Geotechnical
Feb 4, 2016
GB
Hi all

I am trying to model a 2D section of soil and apply earthquake excitation in Abaqus. I have a MatLab code that I will be trying to compare results with. However, I was wondering how one would be able to get error results out of Abaqus, i.e. the L2 error and H1S error so that I can compare the FEA used in Abaqus and the FEA I am using in my code. Is this even possible? I have googled how to calculate error in abaqus but it mainly comes up with how to fix problems, which isn't what I'm looking for!

Many thanks in advance! :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello JoSpencer. In the post processing module, you can plot graphs, save them and then operate on XY data. I believe you can easily calculate the error measures using the operate on XY data feature.

Hi tkks2040, thank you for your reply; there is no immediate output (as far as I can see) that gives an error reading, only the stresses/strains. Does anybody know how to get the correct data (i.e. there would be either two sets of information OR an error reading) from this? It would not be ideal to have to try to calculate this by hand!

Many thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back