Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call-Out Properties Box- Control Character definitions (DRAFT file)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFJ

Mechanical
Apr 30, 2003
US
In the Properties dialog box, special characters can be displayed with the use of Control Character combinations, ex: %DI diplays the Diameter symbol.

What Control Character combination results in a Line Feed or Carriage Return?

Also, is there a table that lists all the available codes?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Actually our problem is not in the callout properties text box, but in the callout properties box "Hole Callout" tab. Hitting return will close the properties box out. Solid Edge uses code to create the carriage return in these fields. However it shows up as a | and we cannot retrieve the code that is creating this symbol, and the carriage return. We are also unable to copy and paste this into other fields. Thanks for any help!

Bill Murphy

As far as I know, even in v14, forcing a carriage return is not possible for those fields.

My work around is to create my standard callouts and save them using the callout command. This will update your draftcallout.txt file. After you have created a few, open this text file and you may see the pattern used in order to just edit the test file rather than having to use the callout command to populate your standard callouts.

After creating and saving your standard callouts (multiline, by the way), you just reuse them by picking them from the pop-down list in the callout command dialog box.

--Scott

I have heard from other sources that it is not possible, yet in the default draft file that comes with SE it is. Is this code that we just cannot recreate at this time or is it that nobody knows about it? We discovered it by accident, and being that its in the text field it would lead me to believe that it is actually possible to create. Thanks for your help!

Bill Murphy

In the dimension prefix dialog, you can press
Shift+Enter in the Subfix field to do a Carriage return.
It is displayed as a "|" character in that field.
Perhaps this will work for the hole callout?

-Scott

That seems to be the same thing I want, however it does not work in the hole callout boxes. It won't even allow me to simply copy and paste this into the boxes, even if I try to copy the original that exists in these boxes. Thanks for your help.

Bill Murphy

Nope, it doesn't seem to be possible to do a return. Solid Edge has more of these 'Why not?'-items, which make it impossible to comply to drawing standards. Very anoying.

Regards,

Pekelder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back