Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling all Welding drawing gurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingD98

Mechanical
Jan 19, 2003
US
I need to show Nondestructive inspection (PT, RT, MT, etc.) symbols with my welding symbols, where, according to ANSI standards, they are combined into one callout using two reference lines. (As crudely shown below) How can this be done in Solidworks?
_________
/
/_________
/
/

We are using SW2005 SP5
thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Heckler, I already have that one in my favorites, and you are right, it is an excellent site.
However, the question remains: Using Solidworks and its functionality of inserting weld symbols into drawings, how does one go about showing the combined symbols in a format that meets ANSI standards.

I don't work with these, so I don't know if there's a native SW tool to handle them. But if its not built into SW, then you could: Sketch them, Make Blocks out of them, then Insert and Modify them were needed.

Ken

If SW does not allow the style you show, you can 'cheat' by adding 2 or more weld arrows overlaying one on top of the other.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back