Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Campaign Plant Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameJudge

Chemical
Mar 17, 2014
US
Can anyone recommend a book or other helpful material on the design of a plant for campaigning different processes?

The Google search has begun. Key words attempted: Campaign Plant Design.

Thank You,
GEP!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I must have skipped the Unit Op lecture on this subject because I am totally unfamiliar with this term. Can you elaborate further on what exactly are you looking for?

Is it a batch plant for different chemical reaction processes?

Dejan IVANOVIC
Process Engineer, MSChE

That is correct, EmmanuelTop. Frequently employed in fine chemicals and pharmaceuticals, a product is produced for a time or batch count (the campaign) and then everything is cleaned out and a different product or variation is produced for another campaign.

When I have worked at units that campaigned different products it was very dependent on the processes and products being made, for example certain products may have specific times of year they are in demand and that dictates the campaign schedule. You also need to look at things such as turn around of the unit in switching, use of the same raw material or materials, clean out procedures, cost of switch over, storage capabilities. So to summarize I don't think there is a standard book but your campaigning will be dictated by the specific units and products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back