Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Camworks Cutter Not staying down in the job ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theov

Mechanical
Jun 29, 2005
ZA
We have recently purchased camworks. We have no support, training or a manual. The agent at this stage knows less than I do. I have played with it, got it working and wrote the posts for it. But I seem to be missing a lot. Like my biggest concern is why does the cutter come up after every cut. It is so frustrating. Wasting a lot of time.
Also since I am outputting the .nc code from camworks my Fanuc 6m control does not want except it. Alarm 02. I don't know what the alarm means. So I do't know what to look for.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it is a legal purchase, you should have recieved support, training and manuals. I suggest signing up for training. Also, read thru all of "help".
Our people had training, it help A LOT.

Chris
Sr. Mechanical Designer, CAD
SolidWorks 05 SP3.1 / PDMWorks 05
ctopher's home site (updated 06-21-05)

FAQ559-1100
FAQ559-716

I am by no means an expert (just got Camworks last week) but the retraction is usually related to the z clearance specified. However, since the Camworks database is controlled in Microsoft Access things can be a pain to find. You will also need to define a macine within the database to keep things constant. Quite frankly I am not real satisfied with the inteface, but switching between Featuremill and Solidworks was time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back