Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAMWORKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJW

Industrial
Feb 19, 2002
US
I'd like to hear some feedback from CAMWORKS users. I am trying to make the switch from SURFCAM, so far it's been a tough fight.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Surfcam is a nice system, I have had the opportunity to work with some of the people that have written the code for Surfcam and basically it is very dumb software. Surfcam will always do what you tell it to, other Cam programs, Camworks (teksoft based i believe) is a little more detailed. It requires a little more attention to detail, I personally have not used it but I know some people that do use it regular on a successful basis. I think once you get past the initial learning curve you will be pretty satisfied with it, it is good for general machining. Surfcam was developed by a mold shop for mold making, so it is excellant at machining odd shapes and surfaces.

Curious - why no surfcam now?

Agreed!! Learning curve is real steep. Better days ahead.

I've used SurfCam for years in moldshop and rapid prototype settings with good results.

"Curious - why no surfcam now?"
New job. Purchase selection made by Higher-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back