Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can a 2d be generated from a cgr??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtwo

Automotive
Oct 17, 2002
US
Can a 2d (catdrawing) be generated from a cgr? The cgr was created by saving a catproduct as a "cgr". We are using V5 R17.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, 1st go into options (drafting + view tab) and change view generation mode to CGR. Then open the CGR file and create the desired drafting views. Note a CGR file can't be opened alone; insert it into a product using "Existing Component".

Jim

Thanks I tried it with with a small cgr and it worked fine.
I then tried with a cgr that was much larger and I got a memory error. Any ideas if there is a setting to change?

My guess would be memory limitations at this point but I have one other suggestion. Go back into options and change the view generation mode to Approximate. Then open the original product (not the cgr) and create a drawing view. When in options you can adjust the "configure" option for Time or Level of detail. The Approximate option will drop some detail depending on the configure number you set. Like you did before, try this with a small product first with the configure setting on 1 then on 5 and see the difference. This may get you by for now...

Jim

I am working on V5 R15, the CGR doesn't allow me to do section views.

Forever Young

Generating views in CGR mode doesn't allow section view generation. A work around for this situation is to make desired CGR views, then return to options and change to the "approximate" generation setting. This will allow you to generate section views from your previously generated CGR views.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back