Can I give a name to state variables in the contour legend in ABAQUS? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shufen

Student
Oct 19, 2016
IN
Fellow researchers,

I am carrying out a heat treatment simulation to study phase transformation in ABAQUS. I have written the UMAT subroutine and assigned the volume fraction of each phase as state variables. I can see the see the contour of the state variables giving me information about the distribution of the phase fractions. The thing is I want to change the name of the legend. For example,if STATEV(2) represents the volume fraction of Martensite, then I would like to see Martensite in the legend of the contour plot and not STATEV(2). Is this possible? If so, please let me know.

Regards
Shufen

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In Abaqus/Viewer you can create a new field output from existing output and name it whatever you want.

In your case the new variable would just be equal to STATEV(2). Would that work?

Hello Dave442

thank you replying to my query. Yes, that would exactly suffice my requirement. However, can you please guide me through it? I am in the visualization module and I have browsed through the view option in the toolbar but I can't find any tell-tale signs of anything. Can you please elaborate the path of the options. Thank you again.

Regards
Shufen

Yeah no bother - In Abaqus/Viewer select Tools -> Create Field Output

There is a section in the Abaqus/CAE Users Guide describing the options from there:
Abaqus/CAE Users Guide -> Viewing Results -> Selecting model data and analysis results to plot -> Creating new field output

No problem, the new field output is created in a session step.

So if you want to plot the STATEEV(2) contour on the deformed mesh I think you will have to create a second field output for the displacements too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back