Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I move our TDM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdp240

Mechanical
Nov 1, 2005
US
Is it possible to move our TDM to a new drive? Our TDM currently resides on one PC's local hard drive (C:), but we want to move it to a shared drive on a network server so that multiple people can access it from their own PC's. Can this be done?

I know it's not as simple as copying and pasting the folders, but how difficult is it to move it and have everyone reconnect to it in its new location?

Our alternative is to create a new TDM in the new desired location, and then export all of the library data out of the old location and import it into the new location, but that seems like a very inefficient method.

WinXP-SP3 / NX5.0.4.1 MP6 / Catia V5r18 / NX I-deas 5.3.0.14

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is possible but you really need to be familiar with dmadmin before trying this. You will need to use the PROJ->MV and INST-MS commands to do this. There are also other steps/ considerations to go through.
Depending on the size of your team folder, package files may be an easier option for you. The online documentaion should help with dmadmin.

Depending on how much data you have, I would suggest creating a new tdm on the network drive and doing the export and import route. for one it's safer and you can double check that everything moved over. and you can still work if the network tdm does not work for some reason.

Your longest wait is going to be copying to the network location. If you can use a gigabit connection that will help a lot.

I'm not familiar with dmadmin at all, so even though it may be a little tedious and take some time, I think we will opt for exporting/importing pkg files.

I guess I was just hoping there was an easy way to copy the TDM over by copying the files and then modifying a couple of config files or something.

Thanks, xtocobofc and WH74.

WinXP-SP3 / NX5.0.4.1 MP6 / Catia V5r18 / NX I-deas 5.3.0.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back