Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Can I print colored or shaded solid images in Acad2000 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearisle

Mechanical
Jun 2, 2004
US
I have been printing solid objects. The solids show up as solids on the screen. but show up as wireframe when printed. I have used hideplot to remove hidden lines and dispsilh=1 to remove contour lines (or whatever they are). so that an isometric view looks solid. Can I just get it to print as it appears on the screen?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

bearisle
Try edstarr post. To print colored 3d objects can only be done in paperspace. You can't print a colored 3d object in model space. It will turn into 3d wireframe and current Autocad text books doesn't talk about on how to print solid 3d objects. Hope this helps - John

Thanks guys, but that did not seem to work for me. My fillmode was already set to 1. You may have to go back to basics with me. My drawing is created using the Model tab. My layout has a title block in paper space and viewports to show the images and can be switched back and forth between paper and model mode. When I look at my layout tab: It has my title block, a couple of 2d viewports and a 3d isometric viewport. If I click on the object in the isometric viewport I can make the object solid. I can change its color and orientation, etc. When I am done, I look at the screen and see exactly what I want printed on my paper. When I do a print preview or actually print it comes out 3d wireframe. I have actually heard of people doing a print screen and pasting to another program and then importing the solid as a bitmap (If someone goes through all that, I assume that solid printing may not be an option). exporting to .pdf also only prints wireframe.

Cut a Viewport in Paper Space(LAYOUT). Go into that Viewport and rotate it to the view you want. Go back to Paper Space. Pick the Viewport as if you were going to use GRIPS to stretch it. Pick the right button on your mouse and go to Hide Plot and change it to yes. Or type in the command line MVIEW and goto Hideplot there and turn it on and pick the Viewport.
That should do it.

MCbobra...I have done this (see original post). This works great to get rid of the hidden lines and it does produce a good 3D isometric view. However, the printout shows in wireframe as opposed to a shaded solid as it shows on the screen.
MRSPETOS claims it is possible that 2004 is the first version to offer.
LOTHER, were you agreeing with that? and if so, what does render do for ACAD2000 users? I selected a solid object and used render command. It changed the shade of the solid a little, but still prints out a wirefraame. When I tried to check out render in the help section, it described being able to save a rendered image as a Bitmap or various other formats. I guess this suggests that ACAD2000 cannot perform this task. It seems odd....with all that this program is capable of, this seems like such a trivial function (I guess it probably is much more difficult than meets the eye)In 2004, does it automatically print shaded? Thanks all!

In AutoCAD 2004 it still has the same problem. You shade and render but it prints wireframe or mixture of solid shading and wireframe.

I talked to some "expert" and said render only works if you have a final version of you view and you are not going to touch the image again(even click on it), but that just did not work for me too.

Hi
There is one way around this , to plot full color
In model space select the angle you want, render and then use "saveimg" command and save the image.
Now click in the layout tab
Insert your image , using image manager.
And delete the viewport in the layout.
You will be left with the rendering of your file and you can scale it .
good luck.
Any more question just ask.

I don't know what the problem is. I plot 3D objects in color. Works great. Makes nice color pdf files also. Objects are in MSpace of course. Viewports in PSpace of the model. Plot when looking at a layout tab, not the model tab. One thing might be hindering your efforts - single click a viewport, right click it and go for properties. Check the "Shade Plot" under "Misc". It should be "As Displayed" if you show the viewport shaded or "Rendered" if you want to wokr quicker but always plot rendered.

I do not have a "shade plot" option under "misc" in viewport properties. I am working with AutoCad 2000. Was this a later feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back