Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not draw flow trace in 3D FLOTRAN, Ansys 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanhvan

Jan 2, 2003
JP
Dear everybody,

I am working with 3D flow simulation, however, after I finish the simulation, I can not draw the particle flow as I want. Ansys launch this, but nothing happen with my model but a dark frame. I have done this with 2D problem and the flow particle worked very well, but in 3D I am stucked.
Can anyone give me a hint, I am sure it will be very usedful for me. Looking forward to yours all.
Best wishes.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Thanhvan :
Your video board is OK ? your drivers and directX files are
OK ? check your video board compatibility with Ansys
Cheers

Hi mohr,

I am sorry, I have no idea how to check the capatibility between Ansys and my video board, please show me how to check it. But what do you think about 2D case since it did very well.
Regard

Hi Thanhvan
I believe problem is something else and that lies in picking the flow trace points. While you were working in 2D its easy to pick up flow trace points but in 3D you have to pickup trace points on Work Plane. So move your workplane in the area where you want to pick the points and then plot the flow trace. I hope it will help
Rehan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back