Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not get SLDRX.exe to run 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripper2009

Nuclear
Jul 17, 2007
US
Hi all.
Have a machine here - user was on vacation last week - came back, tried to load Solid Works - only gets splash screen and SW wont load.
Tried the usual steps - turned off AV's, etc. There was no new software installed before user went on vacation ( so he says. More info from user below:

The sldworks.exe process is NOT ending. It IS running in the (per the task manager). It's consuming 0% CPU, but is nonetheless running. We don't run BlackICE. This user does not use PC Anywhere. We use Symantec Client Security for local firewall and spyware/virus protection. The other 10 engineering workstations that I support are configured identically, and we don't have this problem. I'm familiar with SpyBot, Windows Destroyer, etc.. None of those are running on this machine, and again, they KILL the process. The process is NOT dead.... it is running. It's just no mapping it's output to a real window on the screen.

The machine was unused for a week... so there is no new software.

What do you do when you can't get SLDRX.exe to run?

Im shot. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Rip

SolidWorks 2007
SP 4.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It looks like solidworks is loading, it just isn't showing up on the monitor. It may be off-screen somewhere:

You can try:
1) In the Windows Task Manager -> Applications Tab, Right Click on the Solidworks application and select 'Bring to Front' or 'Switch To'

or
2) In the Windows Taskbar along the bottom of the screen, right-click on the Solidworks Bar (assuming it is there), and select 'Maximize'.

Hopefully it's this easy.
-Lou

Is it a local install or an admin image? If it's an admin image, did you apply a new SP while the user was gone?

If it's a local install, you can try repairing it with the disc(s).

If all else fails, I'd do a clean install.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
CAD Administrator
SW '07 SP2.0, Dell M90, Intel 2 Duo Core, 2GB RAM, nVidia 2500M

In the off screen vein, try renaming the:
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2007\User Interface\Settings\WindowPos
entry to WindowPosOld in the registry and launching SolidWorks. If that fixes it, I would go back and delete the WindowPosOld entry. If it makes it worse, I would set it back. Good luck.

Eric

If the task manager is displaying 0% CPU usage Solidworks is hung and will not continue.

I would reccomend cleaning out the temp files on your computer both through IE AND right click Start>Properties>Customize>Clear.
You may want to verify that all your RAM sticks are good as well and of course Virus and Spyware scans are always safe bets. I would also uninstall all Internet toolbars such as Google, Yahoo, Viewpoint and etc.

I then would reccomend turning off your AV and reapplying your latest service pack.

I agree with Jeff that if that fails a clean reinstall of Solidworks is your best option. You could try a repair install but that is up to you.

botnsnow,EEnd, JMirisola, GLED,

Thanks to you all for your fixes.

As always, greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Rip

SolidWorks 2007
SP 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back