Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Robot millennium for concrete buildings?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHSpurs

Structural
Apr 11, 2005
IE
Hi guys.

Is Robot any good for concrete buildings?

I am looking to buy a software package to model and design a 12 story curved concrete building to UK codes.

The basic design is flat slab on 7.5m grids, stepped levels {ranges from 6-10 floors over double basement).

Can Robot handle this type of structure? I have looked at their website and can only find examples of multistorey steel buildings.

What are most people using for the modelling, design, and RC detailing of these type of structure?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry

The heading should read:

Can Robot Milleniunm do concrete framed/shear wall buildings (with flat slab floors).

Apologies for the header.

i agree with csd72 robot is really not user friendly

i prefer other software for you project

for exammple : csc orion , risa3d, etabs etc.

What was the last version you tried?

I only have experience with V20. It seemed ok, however, there is only so much you can get through on a trial.

That is why I am looking for opinions on this site.

I tried the latest version.

While the basic input seemed to be easy there were always little bits in each input that were not intuitive.

It probably is fine once you get used to it, but all previous packages I have used were much easier to get used to.

Hi,
I'm an Italian user of Robot Millenium.
I think Robot has one of the best interface of structural analysis software. It has powerful modelling tools.
Robot is very powerful for steel design. It can be enhanced for RC design but it can be used to manage strctures like that one you described at the first of topic.
I'm using and I've used it also for great and small RC building to be designed for Italian codes.
If you need more info, you can contact me in private.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back