Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Spy-ware create conflicts with SolidWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilbert247

Mechanical
Dec 22, 2004
GB
We are all aware of the issues surrounding the installation of SW and Anti-Virus software, but I would like to know from anyone is whether an installation or an everyday running SW workstation can be affected by having Spy-ware running.
We currently run SW Office Pro 2006, PDMWorks 2006 with the licenses on a network server

Andy

Andy Gulliver - SW2006 SP3/PDMWorks2006
P4 - 2GB RAM/128MB Quadro4 750XGL

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It shouldn't, but hey ... this is[/b] Windows. [smile]

What problems are you experiencing?
What anti-spyware are you using?

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

CBL,

It's not that were having problems, well none that I am aware of anyway. I'm not even sure we are running any anti-spyware software.
I have just been asked to checkout if there have been any developments/problems/solutions to the whole aspet of anti-spyware and solidworks.

Andy

Oh! ... Well there are none that I know of ... I don't recall seeing any threads here, regarding anti-spyware & SW conflicts.

[cheers]

I have not heard of any either. Try asking SolidWorks.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks/PDMWorks 05
AutoCAD 05
ctopher's home site (updated 06-21-05)
FAQ559-1100
FAQ559-716

There's a problem with anti-virus software and SolidWorks?

I am not trying to start any rumours, only trying to gauge the solidworks community as to whether there has been any issues raised with anti spyware.

Sorry if this has raised any alarm bells. It's not meant to have done.

Andy

It's OK, we were just having a little fun.

I have problems with Microsoft anti-spyware and SW. SW typically crashes when MS anti-spyware is running, so I turn it off when working in SW. MS has replaced it with "Windows Defender", but I haven't installed it yet.

Flores

I have been running MS Anti-spyware Beta since it became available, also have been running Adaware SE, Spyware Blaster, Spybot Search & Destroy for several years & have never had a problem.

I am now running Windows Defender, Spyware Blaster & Panda Internet Security 2006 ... also without problems.

[cheers]

Does anyone have an answer as to why I get a message that says:-

"Failed to update the system registry - please try using REGEDIT"

This occurs three times at each SW start up, but if I click on OK each time it disappears and the program will function flawlessly, I assumed it was to do with my Norton Anti-virus software, but I have since done a clean install with it disabled, and get exactly the same result.

Phil

pgp001 ... please repost your question in a new thread.
Also, include what program is giving you the message.
Also, also, try turning of the Norton AV before starting SW ... just to see if the message still appears.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back