Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can this be done in Solidworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTDillard

Mechanical
May 21, 2008
US
I have this drawing of a part I need to make a solid model of in SolidWorks. I have the revolved feature completed but I am not sure if Solidworks can make the swept features on the sides of the part how they need to be done. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
JT

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sure, SW can do it. Look into helices and sweeps. I doubt anyone is going to just model it up for free.

I see you posted the same question in the SW and ProE forums. Are you trying to evaluate the software? If so, get your VAR to do it.

-handleman, CSWP (The new, easy test)

The drawing and the model are in SW2008 format. Please post them in some previous version of SW or some another format.

Not all of us work in SW 2008.
:)

The drawing is in .dxf format I will have to find a computer with a previous software to model it in.

handleman
Actually I have a couple of different software packages I can use to do this. I am just trying to find out which it would be easier to do in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back