Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can we obtain nodal velocities by using subroutine by specifying displacement boundary conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajith Kurian Baby

Mechanical
Mar 28, 2020
IN
Dear Sir,

I am dealing with a problem in which two bodies are in relative motion. the bottom body is fixed and the top is in motion. the top body is given with periodic boundary condition. The top body is also applied with pressure load. I was using "umeshmotion" subroutine and need to extract the velocity of the nodes of top body. I used the following code to get the same

if (NODE.EQ.3)then
ULOCAL(NDIM)=0
call GETVRN(NODE,'V',VEL,JRCD,JGVBLOCK,LTRN)
else
but while executing the code it always returns a very small value 3.952525166729972E-323 or 0.000000000000000E+000
I replaced the variable V with U, but it is also displaying the same value.
It would be very much helpful if you could help me to sort out this issue.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Without and with subroutine it is working and showing values like mises stress in abaqus post processor but it is not printing correct values with sub routine

I do not remember my Abaqus subroutines any longer but it sounds like the results may be getting overwritten by results from nodes that are fixed. I recommend simplifying the code down to bare minimum and testing it (perhaps even independent of Abaqus by writing a calling function).

Are you new to this forum? If so, please read these FAQs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back