Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Can we PLEASE go back to the old forum! 3

SWComposites

Aerospace
Nov 6, 2000
US
This new forum layout is horrible; hard to navigate; hard to read; wastes a TON of space on the screen; having to click thru multiple pages is bad; the "new" posts is not correct and way out of date.; its probably going to be even more awful when I login in on my iPad. Not having the list of favorite forums on the left is a HUGE PROBLEM; eliminates fast navigating. Please kill this and go back to the old forum. You are going to lose users.

The color scheme contract could stand some adjustment, some - not all items have such low contrast that it is difficult to read.

Features that at first seemed to be missing are starting to work, look under the three vertical dots.

There are some features that will be improved when some instructions appear.

SWComposites

its probably going to be even more awful when I login in on my iPad.
Small form devices often need a different display model. If this platform supports display (ipad) detection, and alternate display modes for devices that need that, please enable that.

Regards
Fred

Agree with previous comments. The changes are difficult to use and the forum will suffer.

Pity any new users. They will soon give up and leave.
I just looked in to see what's new, found this thread in the confusion and gave up.
Why did Eng-Tips fix(Imagine that I just used strike through on "fix") break something that wasn't broke???

Back