Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Can you animate lines in VISIO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdn2004

Electrical
Jan 27, 2007
US
What I want to do is show in a presentation the current path in a circuit. Is it possible to animate the lines so they will look like current is flowing?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To answer my own question....apparently not directly. You could define some kind of a custom linetype that were perhaps blink. And there are various ways to do it using Visio and Powerpoint - google it. I would still be interested if someone has done this by either method.

Visio has VBA embedded in it, so , it's possible. Something like this?

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

I am familiar with VBA programming with EXCEL...which if Visio works the same way...I can envision writing a program that would draw small lines and change the color of the lines and do this continuously in a loop to make it look like the line is moving. In a way that is how one of the Powerpoint things works I looked at, you make multiple slides varying them slightly each time. That's a real possibilility. The PP may be easier than the VBA. Isn't this the same philosophy as movies?

3rd Party program...good idea too. Thanks...problem with that though, this is not something need very much don't really want to spend the $$.

3rd party engineering to do it for me...another good idea. Thanks.

re: PP, pretty much, but movies are usually at a fixed interval, PP allows adjustment of the interval as well as the dwell time, in addition to having different transition effects.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back